Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I feel like I've just come out of a battlefield...

A friend and myself have organised a baby shower for another "about to pop" friend.. and on this fine Tuesday, I decided that I wanted to do something special for her, and so had the idea to make her a nappy bag. I have come to realise that I am a bit of a last minute person and always think I can get the job done, no matter how big. Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way and a lot of the time I fail hopelessly! I feel like I've been on a battlefield today... I can hardly remember today. I have pin pricks all over my fingers and there are millions of tiny bits of cotton lying all over the floor from doing loads and loads of unpicking! I even paid my 6 year old son $5 to clean the house - desperation if ever there was! Anyway.. I can proudly say that I have finished the nappy bag and after the war with it today.. it actually turned out alright. Hooray!

The nappy bag

Anyway..I'm off to have a long bath now, to rid my mind of pins and cotton and wrongly cut fabric and elastic that didn't want to work with me etc etc etc......
Goodnight!
xox

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done and your perseverance!! It is a beautiful Nappy Bag & your friend is lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, how did the party go? I love the bag, well done, you are too clever. Look forward to seeing more bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimmy... the party was really nice but we had booked a table outside and the weather was a disaster...overcast and very windy and all the inside tables were reserved... but it was nice. We drank heaps of cappucinos and chai teas. I'm loving chai latte's - yum yum yum! Want to try make my own some time. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, particularly love the paid house-cleaner approach - well done! I am dying to see inside your bag - I am guessing lots of pockets isn't it fun making them to work just right for those new mums and bubs! Hope the pin pricks are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks! Pin pricks are fully healed, thanks for asking. I'm so bloomin' daft... I didn't even take a photo of the inside, I think I was just glad to get it done. And yes, lots of pockets. Goodness but elastic in bags is rather tricky!! I'll master it... one day!

    ReplyDelete